Alsgirl posted 12/5/98 3:46 am pt (US)
CRANBERRY NUT MUFFINS (Low-fat)
2 lg. Eggs
1/2 c. Sugar
1/2 c. Sweetened applesauce
1/2 c. Sour cream
1 ts. Grated orange peel (generous)
2 c Flour
2 ts. Baking powder
1/2 ts. Baking soda
1/4 ts. Salt
1 c. Dried cranberries (or fresh)
1/4 c. Chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375 deg. Line 12 muffin cups.
2. Beat eggs & sugar in lg. bowl of mixer until thick and light, about 5 minutes.
3. Add applesauce, sour cream & orange peel; beat until well blended.
4. Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt; beat until just blended.
5. Stir in cranberries and walnuts.
6. Divide batter among muffin liners and bake @ 375 for about 20 minutes until tester inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer muffins to racks; cool
from Bon Appetit, Aug., 1997
Go to Mimi's Archive Page
Return to Mimi's Recipe Request Line