posted by Pat T 09-28-98 10:17 AM
3/4 lb. bulk pork sausage (Hot sausage recommended)
2 (8-oz.) pkgs. refrigerated crescent rolls
2 (8-oz.) pkgs. loose pack hash brown potatoes (THAWED) 4 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
5 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 Tblsp. grated Parmesan cheese
Pimento for garnish, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In medium skillet, cook
sausage until brown and crumbly. Drain and set aside.
2. Separate dough into 12 triangles (4 triangles will be unused).
3. Place triangles with elongated point toward center in a greased 12-inch pizza pan. Press bottoms and sides
together to form crust. Allow enough edge on the outside to hold the eggs in.
4. Seal perforations with dampened fingers.
5. Bake crust for 10 minutes.
6. Spoon sausage over partially baked crust.
7. Sprinkle with hash browns and Cheddar cheese.
8. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over sausage mixture.
9. Bake for 25 minutes until eggs are set.
10. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 3-4 more minutes. Garnish with pimento if desired.
NOTE: To ensure the edges of the pizza did not get verbrown, I covered the edges with strips of foil. Serve in pizza slices. Serves 6-8.
Go to Mimi's Archive Page
Return to Mimi's Recipe Request Line