Posted by: Queen Bee 10-04-99 4:10 PM
Five in One Cookies
1&1/2 cups shortening
3 cups brown sugar
2 eggs well beaten
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
4 tsp. baking powder
5 1/2 cups flour
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Mix together well in order given, then divide into five parts.
Add variations to each part.
1. Chocolate- Add 2 squares melted chocolate, blend well and bake for 10 minutes
2. Spice- Add about 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, blend well bake for 9 minutes
3. Fruit- Add 1/2 cup diced dried candied fruit, blend well bake for 12 minutes
4. Nut- Add 1/3 cup finely chopped nuts blend well bake for 12 minutes.
5. Coconut- Add 1/3 cup coconut, blend well and bake for 10 minutes.
For all cookies drop by teaspoonsful and bake just golden on edges.
Cookies can also be rolled out and cut with cookie cutters; chill dough for a short time before rolling and cutting.
Go to Mimi's Archive Page
Return to Mimi's Recipe Request Line