posted by Amy Melissa 09-29-98 5:51 AM
Busia's Cutout Cookies
2/3 cup butter or margarine
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 cups all-purpose flour
1. Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs.
2. Dissolve the baking soda in the milk,then add to mixture. Add the vanilla and mix well
3. Place salt in with flour and slowly stir into mixture. The dough should not be too sticky and should pull away from
the sides of the bowl easily. If the dough is sticky, add a little more flour.
4. Form the dough into a roll about a foot long and 2-3 inches in diameter. Roll up in wax paper and put in the
refrigerator for 1 hour.
5. Remove from refrigerator and let dough come to room temperature. Roll out dough a chunk at a time (one dough
log makes about 4 chunks) until about 1/4 - 1/8 inch thick (depending on your taste).
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
7. Cut your cookies and decorate with sprinkles, frosting or colored sugar or bake plain for 8-10 minutes.
Makes 4 dozen
Go to Mimi's Archive Page
Return to Mimi's Recipe Request Line