posted by Leslie in AK 12-11-98 8:48 PM
Martha Stewart Living Mag.
Dec 98/Jan 99 issue
Makes about 10 dozen
--3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp.
--1 cup confectioners' sugar
--2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, plus grated zest of 2 limes
--1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
--1 3/4 cups plus two tablespoons all-purpose flour
--2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, cream butter and 1/3 cup sugar until fluffy. Add the lime juice, zest, and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, and salt. Add to butter mixture, and beat on low speed until
3. Between two 8-by-12 inch pieces of parchment paper, roll dough into two 1 1/4 inch diameter logs. Chill at least
4. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment. Place remaining sugar in a resealable plastic
bag. Remove parchment from logs; slice into 1/8 inch thick rounds. Place rounds on sheets, spaced 1 inch apart.
5. Bake until barely golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool slightly, 8 to 10 minutes. While still warm, place cookies in the sugar-filled bag; toss to coat. Bake or freeze remaining dough. Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Go to Mimi's Archive Page
Return to Mimi's Recipe Request Line